Sunday, May 26, 2013

Sneak Peek Sunday: May 26







Welcome to Sneak Peek Sunday! This is a fun little weekly hop where authors post six paragraphs from a work in progress or a completed book. There's usually a little something for everyone, so I hope you'll check all the great stops out. You never know what you may find.

I apologize for the mishap on my blog...I posted the link to my author blog on my website, but we're  still working out the kinks in my admin panel and there were some things that came out messed up, and  so I had to take out the content, but couldn't delete the post itself.  More practice for me, more work for my husband to fix the problem hehe.


Anyway, my sneak peek today is from Baby Stetson, my March release. As you may know, Baby Stetson is book one of the Love and Music in Texas series, and as I am coming up on the finish line to book two, The Melody in  My Head, I wanted to share a few scenes in Baby Stetson of Jameson, the hero for book two. Jameson is the lead guitarist for the band, and Avery's ex. They struggle to find their way back to friends, as the pair have grown up together, and had been dating for years until one mistake changed everything.

When I wrote Jameson, he wasn't supposed to be one of the good guys, but this man grew on me and I knew then i had to keep him around as one of the good ones. I love it when characters do that, and Jameson definitely stole my heart. So, without further ado, here is today's sneak peek



     Jameson had been so great about everything.  Avery missed spending time with the man she’d grown up with.  Still fearful about losing their friendship, Avery hadn’t done her best to help things go back to normal.  Yet here he was, still by her side, being a good friend.  Avery hugged him. Jameson stiffened at first, then hugged her back. 


“What’s that all about?” Jameson asked when she let him go. 


     “Just me being all emotional again.  That was for being such a great friend ... especially after everything.  I’m just in awe at how times and things change.  I hate that we didn’t work out, but I’m so thankful for our friendship.”  Avery wiped a tear away. 


“I  hate  it  too.  I  haven’t  forgiven  myself.  It seems like you’re happy with Lucas.  I see you two eyeing each other all the time.” 


“Oh Jameson.  I-”  Avery’s heart sank.  She hadn’t even thought of him seeing them, and she knew Jameson took their breakup hard. 


He waved a hand in dismissal.  “No, it’s okay, Avery.  I know you have to move on.  I understand you don’t feel the same.  You were my friend first, my best friend, and I don’t want that to go away.  I know that things have changed, and we can’t get back fully to what we used to be, but I do want you to be happy.  That’s important to me.” 





And there you have it! Today's Sneak Peek. I'll be posting a few more scenes from Baby Stetson with him in it, and then soon, I'll switch over and show you more of him with The Melody in My Head. I hope you enjoyed today's snippet!



Baby Stetson for Kindle


Baby Stetson for Nook

Baby Stetson for Kobo

Add Baby Stetson to your Goodreads list!



18.


11 comments:

  1. I love it when a character surprises me both in writing & in reading. Great article.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I, Andrea. It's always fun to see that you're right or wrong about someone and they throw you off guard :)

      Delete
  2. Great snippet. This is a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daryl! It was fun to write, so I'm glad it's coming off as a fun read :)

      Delete
  3. It is interesting how characters don't always turn out the way we suspected, but how nice to find an unexpected hero for the next book. :-) That's a nice surprise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely...as I wrote on, I realized I need more of Jameson, I wanted more of his life and thoughts, so voila, his story came about :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Hi Nikki, tweeted and this was a great snippet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab snippet. But it makes me feel like humans are terrible communicators, because I don't think they are on the same page at all.

    ReplyDelete