Sunday, June 2, 2013

Sneak Peek Sunday: June 2





Welcome to Sneak Peek Sunday! This is a fun weekly hop that allows readers to get a chance to view snippets from authors work. This could be a work in progress, a completed but unpublished story, or a published work.  There's usually a little something for everyone, so hop along and maybe you'll find something new to read!


Now, I'm switching things up a little. I've been posting snippets from Baby Stetson the past few months, but today, I'm going to be sharing an unedited snippet from The Melody In My Head, which is book 2 in the Love and Music in Texas series. This book features Jameson Grant, Avery's ex and the lead guitarist for the band Baby Stetson. This is a snippet between Jameson and Melody. I hope you enjoy!



     Jameson set the bag on the table and followed the sound. Not only was she playing the guitar, but she was singing, too. She sat on the stool in the middle of the garage, wearing a white half sleeved shirt that showed enough skin to drive him crazy. She had her legs crossed and her hands gracefully strummed the strings.    

She was beautiful. She seemed at ease, her eyelids half shut as she played her heart  out with the song. Jameson made sure to stay out of sight. She hadn't caught on that he was there yet, and if he made her aware of his presence, she might stop. He wanted to hear more.  Good God, her hands on his guitar, he wanted those hands back on him.

She finished the song. Jameson had to catch his breath before popping in, clapping and grinning. She practically jumped from the stool and she put that guitar down quick.  “That was beautiful. I didn't realize you played!” 

“Oh! Jameson, you startled me. I'm sorry, I had no idea you were home already. I couldn't help but pick up the guitar..I just, I felt compelled.” She was blabbering and apologizing for nothing. Jameson crossed the room, closing the distance between them and gathered her in his arms. 

“Melody, why would you apologize? You keep doing that, and I can't understand why.” Jameson kissed her forehead, then threaded his fingers through her hair. She looked up at him with wide eyes.  “I'm not mad at you, angel. I loved what you were playing.” He dipped his head and took her lips again, nibbling on the bottom one. When he pulled away, he smiled. “ Not to mention how hot it was to watch your hands move on my guitar. It made me think of a not to distant morning when your hands were doing something else.” 

That got her to laugh as she leaned against him. “You crack me up, you know. Thank you for the beautiful flowers and the card.”


There you have it!  I'll be working on revisions for The Melody in my head, and I can't wait to shine it up and release it to the world. 

Thanks for stopping by today!

You can add this book to your Goodreads TBR!
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17928959-the-melody-in-my-head


18 comments:

  1. ah musicians. nothin' hotter. I look forward to reading more...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. Writing a series about musicians has been a blast! Thanks for coming by!

      Delete
  2. Working on a lady singer myself! Love this, gotta find time to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I can't wait to read it! Don't worry, this one isn't out yet. Writing a lady singer with Avery in Baby Stetson was a blast though. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. LOVE this, Nikki! Finished Baby Stetson a few weeks ago-loved it! Can't wait to read this one, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgive the pun- but music to my ears! LOL. Glad you loved Baby Stetson. That book was a blast to write. This one is right up there too. Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  4. Sexy and sweet all rolled into one. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just what I was aiming for :) Glad it came out that way. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  5. Great excerpt, Nikki. Love the sexual tension.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I may have said this last week, but I really like the intertwined themes of music and romance. The second paragraph here creates so much mood and tension. It's just great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! I think music and romance- especially in novels lately- go hand in hand perfectly! And it's been really fun to dive into writing my own series about it. Thank you for coming by!

      Delete
  7. Love this, Nikki.... I really need to find the time to read Baby Stetson!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much to do, so little time! LOL. I hope when you get a chance to read Baby Stetson and this one that you'll enjoy them both. :)

      Delete
  8. If I hadn't become an author, I might have been a musician.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still want to do something with music. It's too much a part of me not to. :)

      Delete