Followers

Saturday, September 7, 2013

My Sexy Saturday September 7





Welcome to My Sexy Saturday! This is a fun little hop where authors are sharing snippets of their work, something that feels sexy to them. Everyone has a different opinion on what's sexy, so this is really fun to see what others come up with.

My Snippet today comes from my latest release THE MELODY IN MY HEAD. 

Melody is at work and Jameson gives her a call out of the blue and they have a short conversation. Here's today's snippet!





"That's good. Anyway, I don't want to keep you long. I was hoping maybe you'll wait up for me tonight, if you aren't too tired. I have something planned, if you're up for it."

That certainly caught her interest. "Really? What would that be?" What on earth would he plan for when he got home after eleven? And now she'd have to wait all day just to find out! Jameson had a way of driving her crazy even when he wasn't around. Damn him. Melody smiled.

"That, sweet Melody, is a surprise." Jameson chuckled.

He'd given her a nickname. Sweet Melody. Call her giddy and a sap, but she enjoyed it. Loved the way he treated her so well. She held back the tears. This was getting way out of hand. What right did she have to get his hopes up, let alone her own? She didn't know how to easily stay away from him anymore.

"Tell you what. If I'm asleep, you have my permission to come wake me." My, how the possibilities ran through her mind with that one. She'd do everything within her power to stay awake, but just in case...

Goosebumps broke out on her arms at the thought.

"Hmm. Now I'm not sure if I want you awake or asleep when I get home." He chuckled. "I'll let you get back to work. Until tonight. I'll be thinking of you." Jameson made a noise that sounded like a kiss, and disconnected the call.



Ahh, I love these two :) I have to say, Melody is a lucky gal to have snagged Jameson. ;) 


Be sure to check out the other participants in the hop. Thanks for stopping by! I'd LOVE to know what you think. 

Melody and Jameson on Amazon

Melody and Jameson on Barnes & Noble

Melody and Jameson on Kobo

Add to Goodreads Shelf




7 comments:

  1. "I'll be thinking of you" Love it.
    Thanks for sharing.
    I'm a new follower from MSS
    ~Decadent
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Nikki,

    Great excerpt. I guess we have to use our imagination right along with Melody. :-)

    Mary~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice excerpt, Nikki. Anticipation can be very sexy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sexy in a very sweet way. Can't wait to see what he has planned. Very nice snippet.

    ReplyDelete